1 Cup Dry Italian Bread Crumbs
1/3 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
¼ tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. pepper
Salt to taste
1 clove minced garlic
¾ cup melted butter, divided
3 or 4 lb. chicken, cut up OR 3 or 4 boneless chicken breasts
- (I used chicken breasts, and cut each breast into 2 or 3 pieces –depending on the size of the breast.)
- In a bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, pepper and salt, set aside.
- In sauté pan, lightly sauté garlic and salt in 2 Tbsp. butter. When garlic has been sautéed, put in rest of melted butter.
- Dip chicken pieces in garlic butter. Roll each in crumb mixture.
- Spray 13x9x2 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Place chicken in 13X9X2 baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over chicken.
- Pour on remaining butter.
- Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until golden.
I covered my chicken for the first 30 minutes, then removed the foil for the last half of cooking.)I doubled the recipe. With the leftover chicken – I cooked yellow rice. Then I added a can of chicken broth. I cut up the leftover chicken and put it in the rice. I also added sautéed onions and
cooked green beans to the rice. It made a great one-dish meal.