What should I do if my passport is lost or stolen?
1. Report the loss or theft by applying (in person) for a new passport
2. Complete Application for Passport, Form DS-11
Complete Question #18 as follows:
- Write your name as it appeared in your passport
- Write the approximate date of issue.
- Include the passport number if known
- Under "DISPOSITION", mark the appropriate box.
- If your passport was expired, write "EXPIRED" next to the "OTHER" box.
3. Complete, Statement Regarding Lost Or Stolen Passport, Form DS-64
- ONLY IF your lost/stolen passport is still valid.
- Fill in as much of the passport information as you can.
- Answer all the other questions in detail.
4. Submit your form(s) to a passport acceptance facility.
Click here to find the Passport Acceptance Facility nearest you. You will also need photos, documentation and fees.
NOTE: If you do not want to replace a lost or stolen passport at this time, but want to report it as being lost or stolen, please send a signed DS-64, Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport , to the following address:
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 510
Washington, DC 20036
Applying in Person > Renewing by Mail > Passport Costs > Changing Passport Names > Replacing Lost or Stolen Passports > Passport Application Forms > Contact the National Passport Information Center